terça-feira, setembro 12, 2006

Re: Black Kiss

Falando nessa porra de e-mail entre escritores, lembrei daquele esquete do Monty Phyton do documentário sobre o poeta escocês McTeagle, basicamente a correspondência de um fudido que fica pedindo dinheiro emprestado analisada como se fosse uma puta obra literária...
 
 
The poetry of Ewan Mcteagle:

If you could see your way to lending me sixpence.
I could at least buy a newspaper.
That's not much to ask anyone.

To Ma Own beloved Lassie.
A poem on her 17th Birthday.

Lend us a couple of bob till Thursday.
I'm absolutely skint.
But I'm expecting a postal order
and I can pay you back as soon as it comes.
Love Ewan

Can I have fifty pounds to mend the shed?
I'm right on my uppers.
I can pay you back
When this postal order comes from Australia.
Honestly.
Hope the bladder trouble's geting better.
Love, Ewan

Oh gie me a shillin' for some fags
and I'll pay yer back on Thursday,
but if you wait till Saturday
I'm expecting a divvy from the Harpenden Building Society

What's twenty quid to the bloody Midland Bank?


 Arnaldo